Friday, May 2, 2014

ASIACOIN CLIENTS STAKING SUCCESSFULLY

As you know by now, AsiaCoin’s Proof-of-Work stage has ended on Wednesday, and the Proof-of-Stake stage has begun.


This also meant that the AsiaCoin clients would start generating interest stake on user’s balances.


Because of the recent issues with some Proof-of-Work/Proof-of-Stake hybrid coins , a lot of people, including myself, were anxiously awaiting whether or not the staking process would go on without any (major) issues.


And it did! As my first AsiaCoin wallet transaction came in on April 17th, I calculated that staking would occur at some point yesterday evening (GMT+1). Lo and behold, at 20:12 local time, the first PoS transaction appeared in my wallet.


Ever since that moment, I currently have 11 confirmed and one confirming Proof-of-Stake transaction(s) in my AsiaCoin wallet. What impresses me more, is that none of the transactions have been orphaned, like I’ve seen with other cryptocurrencies in the past.


In case you are curious, it takes 70 confirmation on the AsiaCoin network to confirm your staked interest. A very low number, and it usually takes little over an hour to fully confirm the transaction. I like this very , very much. Impressive work by the AsiaCoin developer.



source: http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/2014/5/2/asiacoin-clients-staking-successfully-no-orphaned-pos-blocks



ASIACOIN CLIENTS STAKING SUCCESSFULLY

No comments:

Post a Comment